Thursday, October 21, 2010

Teacher Nightmares

I have teacher nightmares. They range from the ridiculously trivial like showing up to class in casual clothes (gasp) to experiences that have actually happened (a completely out of control classroom).

Last night I had a nightmare that my class was about ready to start, and I wasn't ready. I was desperately trying to figure out what to teach when I heard word that 19 people had been murdered at a summer camp that I used to work at. In my dream, my reaction was relief, "Oh, it's so tragic that I must cancel class."

I hope you don't take me to be heartless. I do think that the death of 19 people carries a heavier weight than not being ready for class. But really we teachers can be just that desperate!

3 comments:

Desvaríos Dorisianos said...

Ha!Tragic-comically true! I (finally) also have a dream to tell you from this week (you know how it was always you who told me your weird and wonderful dreams at breakfast? hehe)...2 days ago I dreamt I was going to Hawaii...in the dream I was all excited until I remembered I had to work (all my vacation days were gone)...I woke up really upset because I could not go to Hawaii, haha!

jc said...

Oh no! Let's hope this is not prophecy! Hang on to those vacation days! Oh, and do come to Hawaii sometime. :)

Marlise said...

Loved this one!