Sunday, October 17, 2010

Beauty in Busyness

I have been given a season of busyness. My work never seems to end. I am on an overloaded schedule, and I teach a night class to boot. But even in my busyness I'm trying to not forget the beauty around me. I notice small things: three birds flying in formation over the highway, the sunrise in my rearview mirror, and a sunset over the lake next to my office.

Noticing nature is just one way I praise God. I think it honors him to say, "the creation you have given us is beautiful."


The walk to my office at sunset

2 comments:

Mai said...

I've realized that there is beauty absolutely everywhere, if we simply stop to notice it. It might not always be in nature, but perhaps in a child's face or in a stranger's gesture of kindness. God has blessed us with so much beauty!!

jc said...

I like that thought Mai-Rhea. I should keep an eye out for all kinds of beauty!