Sunday, October 3, 2010

His Power is Made Exquisite

I woke up feeling spiritually weak and physically tired. This is not exactly the way I want to start a week, but as I got into my car this morning I remembered a verse from 1 Corinthians. "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" (12:9). As I thought about the verse, I thought of the word perfect and how sometimes we describe perfect things as exquisite. I changed the text a little to: "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made [exquisite] in you."

According to Webster's Online dictionary the word exquisite means to be marked by flawless craftsmanship or by beautiful, ingenious, delicate, or elaborate execution.

My weakness marks the spot where God is working. He is taking my flaws, my very humanness, my dustfulness (for he remembers we are dust!), and He's making something beautiful. The beauty that He will bring out of my weakness is no small thing; it will be a refined excellence that only a master artist can sculpt.

No comments: