Sunday, January 23, 2011

No sea, No visas

A friend of mine is most likely (still praying, hoping for a miracle!!) leaving the country because of a problem with her visa. Last night we were discussing different visa options and I said, "Isn't there a 'we love you and want you to stay' visa?

(What if immigration was kind of a "Survival" show set up. You get voted on or off the island? I know my friend would definitely be voted to stay on!)

There's a great text in the Bible that a different friend, Ruth, quoted a part of to me last night: "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth,for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea" (Revelation 21:1).

I can't wait to be in that new place: where there is no sea, no visas, and no more goodbyes.

No comments: