Sunday, January 9, 2011

Each Joy

Each joy has its own unique DNA. Yesterday I was reminded once again of a small joy I have here in Orlando. It comes from interacting with the students from our Circle of Faith (COF)Bible study. We had finished the Bible study and we were singing. As I sang with the group, I thought about how the taste of joy I get from singing with my students in Orlando is not the same as the joy I got from living and working in Thailand. I have two joys, two continents, two different lives and yet one thing to be profoundly grateful for: I serve a God of joy.

2 comments:

Mai said...

I'm glad that the joys are so different that they can't be compared in the same category or measured on the same scale because that would mean that one thing or place might have more joy than another making it less significant. But each thing brings a different joy and that's what makes it special!

jc said...

Yes, I think it is the uniqueness of each joy that reconciles my various worlds. I can love Thailand and Florida and not feel like I'm letting one part of my life down.