Thursday, September 16, 2010

Wiggling in the Presence of God

It's amazing the number of things I can do while praying instead of actually praying. Sharing my burdens with God transitions into making lesson plans for the day(a teacher's job never ends!)or intercession turns into simply thinking about the person I'm praying for. I constantly have to redirect my thoughts to prayer, and I often pray to remember that God is listening.

This morning while praying I was meditating on the text. "Be still and know that I'm God." As I meditated on that text, the thought struck me, "You are wiggling in the presence of God." I had to laugh. I'm God's wiggler.

6 comments:

Desvaríos Dorisianos said...

I´m sure God has a special place for wigglers! :)

Ginger said...

Love it!

jc said...

Doris, I'm sure He does.
Ginger, thank you. :)

Karla Salazar said...

Hello, God's wiggler! Thanks for making me a giggler because of your blog post! I appreciate your blog, Julie!

jc said...

Hola Karla. I'm glad I've helped in the giggling department. :)

jc said...

Come to think of it. You don't need too much help with laughing.