Monday, September 6, 2010

Fresh Spring Rolls

I love eating at a local vegan restaurant in Orlando called Loving Hut. One of my favorite dishes there is their fresh spring rolls. I had no idea how easy the fresh spring rolls were to make until my housemate introduced me to rice paper. Here are some of the spring rolls I made the other day.



I took rice paper and soaked it in water for about 3 seconds. Then I put lettuce, carrots, crushed peanuts, tofu, soy sauce, and agave on the rice paper and wrapped it up. Wow. It was so simple, but it was delicious. I also fried up some tofu and wrapped rice paper around the tofu and some seaweed. This dish was also tasty. The biggest plug I can give for these spring rolls is that I (the one who typically forswears vegetables) simply consumed the lettuce I bought.

The rice paper. You can get it at any Asian market.

2 comments:

Laura said...

They look delicious Julie! I'm so impressed!

jc said...

You should try to make some. :) They are so yummy.