Thursday, September 9, 2010

Still

The lake is so still today that you can see a reflection of the clouds. I walk back from lunch looking at the lake and wishing that I could share this walk with my friends abroad. I wish for one day I could bring people from my most recent past to my present and introduce my life to them. I wish to share the small things: southern food (grits for breakfast!), my commute to work (ahh...I-4 is crowded again), and the grocery store I shop in (yeah for Publix!). I wish to share the big things. I want to introduce them to my Florida friends. These new silly deep thoughtful friends that God is bringing into my life. I want them to share a Sunday tubing down a river and eating Vietnamese takeout while watching a movie or a Saturday night spent swimming and talking late into the night. I want to connect my worlds. This has always been my desire. There are so many places and people I love. I belong to too many worlds.

8 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, how I can relate! I wish I could be one of those "recent past friends" that could be a part of your new life too! All those things sound like fun. So glad you have new friends and new experiences to enjoy.

jc said...

I realize that recent past sounds like those friends are 'past'. Not so. But yes, I wish you could be here too. I think you would have really enjoyed tubing down the river with us. Next time you are here (see YOU WILL VISIT ME IN FLORIDA ha.ha.), I will take you and your family tubing down that river. I'm pretty sure you'd like the take out food we got. It's almost as good at Laughing Seed.

Laura said...

Okay, it's a plan! Just have to wait 2 years. =)

jc said...

I'm very very patient.

Desvaríos Dorisianos said...

Amen, sister!

I'm also hoping to be counted as one of your "recent past friends" that you would invite, hehe :)

I remember thinking along these same lines when I was about to leave APIU..."I wish I could take all these wonderful people with me"...

Miss you, Laura and Julie!

Tiffany said...

I understand the feeling. And I also loved your comment about Publix. I miss many things about Florida, but one thing that just gets under my skin here is the grocery situation....I just really miss Publix. :)

Mai said...

I feel the same way! I wish all the people I love from all the different phases of my life could be here with me now! I'm glad heaven will be like that!

jc said...

Tiffany: In Thailand, a good grocery store would make me homesick for the states. I will ship you a Publix.

Mai-Rhea:I've always imagined having a "Facebook" convention. It would simply be a convention where you invited your closest friends and they invited their closest friends. That probably will be heaven!