Wednesday, June 24, 2009

To Do Lists

I have a to do list which is funny because I don't have much to do (hence, all the blogs I've been writing lately). I've turned in most of the job applications that I can at this point, and now I am in the long painful wait for some response (any response!). I'll be sending off two applications (that I've pretty much finished) tomorrow and then the next application isn't due until July 15. I've been debating if I should do some temp work or not. I wouldn't mind the cash, but I don't want to be tied to a job if I need to go to an interview. For now, I'll just keep waiting.

But coming back to the to do list. It just gives me a small sense of control and structure. I didn't even finish ALL the things I had on my to do list today which in a peculiar way makes me happy. But I did have time to read one of my favorite blogs: freakonomics. And I did have time to watch TED videos for two hours (I feel very educated tonight). And I had time to browse Facebook and I had time to have real devotions (versus the more recent--"good morning Father, please be near me today, Amen" dash-out-the-door.

Well, I'm going to bed. Since I have the luxury of time now, I'm hoping for a good nights sleep.

No comments: