Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Job Interview

I have a job interview. I've been so excited about this that there isn't much more I can do today that is useful or functional. (I did manage to clean out some of my files though.) I don't know if this is the real deal (the job I'll get) or just a practice run. (I've been trying to think of all applications and all job interviews as practices since they take so so much work.) But I like how the next couple of days might determine the next chapter in my life. So will I end up in Chula Vista? Or will I end up somewhere else? Is this just a little blip in my life as in "yeah, I interviewed for a job there once" or is it a going to be a place where I get to carve out my new life? Time will tell (very soon!)

4 comments:

Daniel said...

Wow! All the best. I like how you're facing it all. You're so brave!

You know, being here visiting Argentina, I´ve started to realize that maybe what God wants me to do is stop having so many carved-out plans and let Him lead some more.

I have no idea how long we'll be in Thailand, and what we'll do next,I don't know where I'd like to live for the rest of my life, but it's a great feeling to not feel worried about it!

jc said...

Ah Marlise, it's good to see that God is giving you peace. Are you enjoying your time at home? I was thinking of your family the other day when there was the coup in Honduras. I guess Thailand is not the only country to have coup d'etat.

Yes, I do fight very hard to carve things out so maybe I should relax a little too. :)

Daniel said...

Yeah, peace! Being in Bs As, I remembered why I'd wanted to leave. But... whatever, wherever- I want to trust God completely!

Daniel said...

BTW, I AM enjoying it here! Food is dangerous! Hahahaha. But it's so good to see loved ones again.