Friday, June 5, 2009

Big Trees!




This afternoon my family went to Mariposa Grove in Yosemite. The trees here are well--big. Okay, they deserve an exclamation point. They are big! Tragically, (see, I say this with a sniff) it was very cold today and I only lasted out in the grove for about 15 minutes before I went back in. (Someone told me that if I walked a little farther up into the grove I would see snow.) We asked how far was a little farther and he said, "Three hours." Hmm...
My niece is sitting next to me watching me blog and she said I need to add that she is with me in this picture. Yup. That's Olivia beside me. When I was younger, we used to like to take pictures with our whole family holding hands around the trees.




2 comments:

Deanna Beryl said...

Ah I can imagine everyone going around the tree with their hands spread wide. :)

jc said...

It's such a pleasure. Kind of a childhood pleasure.