Friday, May 1, 2009

Thankful

I'm surprised on some days to discover that I'm thankful that I don't have a job, and that I don't know where I'm going to be in the coming months. I'm thankful that God has given me the gift of the UNKNOWN.

We like to think of God's guidance as showing up when He opens doors for us. An opportunity presents itself and we say, "This must be God's leading." But recently God has opened no doors for me. He has only closed one door (staying in Thailand) and asked me to take one step and wait for further directions.

So this is it. I have my ticket bought. I know the day I'm leaving. I know that my parents will take me in until I find work (yeah for parents!), but beyond that I don't know much more.

It is this not-knowing-much-more which has increased my prayer life. It has made me purposely go to God every night and pray, "Please, help me. I need work!"

Dr. Kai recently gave a talk on change for chapel. He said that God uses change to work on us. So this is God working on me. Thank you Father for change.

No comments: