Thursday, May 28, 2009

Taipei Airport

I just heard an announcement for a flight to Bangkok. I momentarily felt like I should get up--shouldn't my flight depart for Bangkok?

I'm sitting on the carpeted floor of the Taipei airport--leaning against the wall with my bare feet in front of me. For the longest time sitting here, I thought I heard the sound of water. I wondered where the fountain was and then it hit me that the sound of water was the air con vents above me. So much for poetry!

But there are other kinds of poetry here. There is the flute music playing from a shop near by and the wall in front of me lined with Chinese calligraphy wall hangings. It's a pleasant layover.

Music and the Internet makes this stopover go quickly. I have eleven more hours and then a two hour drive and then a bed. I know somewhere in those eleven hours I will look at the ceiling of the plane and simply long for a bed--something flat and stretch-outable on.

They are still calling for the Bangkok flight. "Please proceed immediately to Gate B5." My gate is C3 (the Hello Kitty Gate, yes the Gate is Decorated in Pink). B5 or C3; my compass is not set right.

No comments: