Monday, May 25, 2009

Bedbugs

I brought back a gift from Vietnam. Bedbugs. Or more like it--bedbug bites. These are no ordinary bites. My arms and legs are covered in red welts. I look like an illustration out of medical textbook.

So here is my life: I've had lice, worms, and now bedbugs! (I hope I haven't grossed anyone out.)The lice and worms were gifts of a childhood lived outdoors (running barefoot outside and chillin with my little gang of friends who happened to have lice problems--hey, we used to pick each other's lice for fun!)

Now, to give myself a positive spin on my current state of itchiness, I tell myself that these bedbugs are just a gift of my adulthood--travel!!

So if you see me around, be careful, though I'm not contagious, I have the ability to inspire itchiness.

No comments: