Monday, August 17, 2009

The Wind is Against Me, But I'm Stronger Than the Wind

Several years ago I had a jogging partner who could be delightfully dramatic about things. When we were running together and we had problems like horrible (breath-stealing) hills or annoying gusts of wind, she would say the following, "The hill is against me, but I am stronger than the hill. The wind is against me, but I'm stronger than the wind." It's really a much more poetic way of saying, "This jog sucks."

Well, I'm into poetry today. It's Monday and THIS IS THE WEEK. This is the week the last job of the ten I applied for, should be getting back with me. I'm anxious to check my email and anxious to get a phone call from them BUT it just so happens that my home is phone-line-less and DSL-less until Friday. What? Just when I need the communication lines to remain open, they are closed?

The phone lines are against me, but I'm stronger than the phone! The DSL is against me, but I'm stronger than DSL! (Well, truthfully, as you can see, I do have access to the Internet. It's located a ten minute drive from my house at the public library. Also, the school, that I applied for, has my mom's cell phone number.)

My real hope is that the job won't be against me. But if it is than I'm stronger than it!

2 comments:

Deanna Beryl said...

YES!

jc said...

Deanna, what is a small chuckle? Would it be a tiny 555? So my response is (small font) 555.