Saturday, August 29, 2009

Missing Thailand

My shoes are on. I have my bag over my shoulder. I'm waiting for some friends to pick me up to go for a hike. When they dropped me off, they gave me their phone number. Since they lived in Thailand, I gave it back to them in Thai. It's just easier to remember that way.

I've been having missing Thailand moments. Yesterday I stepped out of a university's HR office and walked past a large fountain that had a revolving globe in the middle. As I passed the globe, it turned to Thailand. I paused and my eyes watered up. (Silly sentimental me.)

Then today I looked around the congregation at my new local church and I really really missed the MC church. Almost everyone at our church is "older" or "younger" than me (but mostly they are older). I simply miss a younger congregation.

Today will be good though. I'm going on a hike with a nice family and then I'm going to a concert in the park put on by local churches. Life is not without its blessings and yet I miss my other home!

2 comments:

Laura said...

And we're missing you! We're also all rooting (sp?) for you and waiting to see what God has in store for you. We had a fun cake/wii party for Doris last night.

jc said...

I wish I could have been there!