Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Some Times Waiting Means Arriving Just in Time

My mom and I are in the same unemployment state. We make (I think) good company. We both pray for each other's work situation. We've both had our ups and downs and almost-maybe-got-that-job-but-no-not-this-one.

Today my mom was sharing with me some wisdom she gleaned by going to the airport yesterday to pick up my dad. She was running late and then she got stuck in this weird traffic jam (at 10:30 at night!) at a toll booth. She got more and more frustrated as the time went by, and the traffic didn't move. She spent thirty minutes sitting there. When she made it to the airport, she also got stuck in some more traffic. When she finally--finally pulled up to the passenger pick up area, my father called to tell her he had his luggage and he was walking out the door. She arrived exactly at the time he walked out the door. She told me she thinks that God was trying to teach her that sometimes delays are meant to get us to where we need to be just at the right time.

No comments: