Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Guidance

I wrote in my prayer journal tonight: "please give me specific direction in my life." Then I flipped open a book called God Has Promised and the paged I turned to quite randomly was "Do You Need Guidance?" I had a good chuckle. Yes, indeed!

Here are some of the quotes that encouraged me:

"Sometimes answers to our prayers come immediately; sometimes we have to wait patiently and continue earnestly to plead for the things we need . . .There are precious promises in the Scriptures to those who wait upon the Lord. We all desire an immediate answer to our prayers, and are tempted to become discouraged if our prayer is not immediately answered . . . .The delay is for our own special benefit." Counsels on Health p. 380,381

As we commit ourselves to the wise Master Worker, He will bring out the pattern of life and character that will be to His own glory. The Desire of Ages, p.331

We need to follow more closely God's plan of life. To do our best in the work that lies nearest, to commit our ways to God, and watch for the indications of His providence--these are rules that ensure safe guidance in the choice of an occupation. Education p. 267

If we surrender our lives to His service, we can never be placed in a position for which God has not made provision. Whatever may be our situation, we have a Guide to direct our way; whatever our perplexities, we have a sure Counselor; whatever our sorrow, bereavement, or loneliness, we have a sympathizing Friend. If in our ignorance we make missteps, Christ does not leave us. His voice, clear and distinct, is heard saying, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life.' Christ's Object Lessons p. 173

No comments: