Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Hoops to Jump Through

Getting work has always come easy for me so I guess I'm getting a taste of "the real world". The HR office at the college I'm applying to work for just called. They told me that I'll need to come in on July 13. I'll be given an exam (which they refrained to tell me what the exam will be about!) and then given fifteen minutes to prepare for my interview, an interview, then fifteen more minutes to do a teaching demonstration. If I pass at that level, I'll be called in with two other finalist to do another interview on July 27. Talk about lessons in controlling nervousness!

It's funny to pray to get a job. What about the other people applying for the same job? I suppose then the prayer is: may I get the job if I can do it well and be a blessing to this school and if this is a good place for me to be in my life!

Well, I'm going to start studying. This is something I've been wanting to anyway. I need to brush up on education theory and specifically composition theory. I also might relook through a grammar book just in case my exam is over grammar.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

Teaching demonstration? Aaaaah!! I remember when I was looking for a job in Bs As I had to prepare a teaching demonstration, then finally they never asked for it. Phew!

All the best!!!

jc said...

Ah Marlise, I hope the same for me, but I doubt it.