Friday, January 23, 2009

Where are you from?

If I get asked that question, I have to stop and think. Does this person want the long answer or the short answer? I usually opt for the short answer. "I work in Thailand but my home town is about an hour east of San Francisco." If they want the long answer here it goes without taking a breath.

I was born in Wasco, CA, then I moved to Armona, then Majuro, then, Wyoming, then Colorado, then Majuro, then Sonora, CA, then Georgia, then Lodi, CA then back to Georgia, then Antioch, CA then Oakley, CA, then Taiwan, and now Thailand. See why I should only give the short answer?

Well, my parents are moving to Redding, CA which leaves me without an official home town. So what should I do? Maybe I should just pick a place somewhere in Cali and call it my own. Hmmmmm....

I just remember I got yelled at at passport control in the US once because I couldn't figure out what to write on the form for country of residence. Don't grumpy passport control people know how confusing living between two countries is?

No comments: