Thursday, October 1, 2009

What Love Can Do

Today in class we were discussing family. One of my 8th graders said, "my grandparents really love each other." That's it. Those are the words I want to cling to tonight. I want to dwell on love's legacy.

I look at this student and I see her: happy, intelligent, and confident. I look at her and wonder how much of what is good in life comes from someone else's love? How much of her stability comes from that simple statement: "my grandparents really love each other."

What legacy did her grandparents give her parents? What legacy do they give her?

2 comments:

Kimi Finley said...

That is a beautiful thing to muse Julie...thank you

jc said...

I also like wonder how far love goes back. If we are loved today, who started the chain of it? :)

btw, did I mention already how excited I am that you are blogging now? Or that I just know about your blog?