Friday, October 2, 2009

On Being Grown Up

I don't feel very grown up so when something "adult-like" happens to me I find it surprising.

My surprise is that a school is paying for me to come interview with them (flight, motel, car rental etc.). I have to resist asking, "You're really going to pay my way for me to come interview with you?" Adults are paid to come for interviews. Adults rent cars (I've never rented one). Adults meet presidents of college's (gulp).

I'm grateful and amused. I'm scared too. I don't want to let them down and I want a job!

I need your prayers. I'll be flying out for this job interview on October 7.

7 comments:

heidileanne said...

Sounds exciting! We'll be praying it all goes well. Where is this job opportunity at that it requires you to fly to? So many possibilities!

jc said...

It's a job teaching GEs at a college in Florida.

American Swede Photography said...

I have to say I have these same thoughts pass over me at times. I mean, what am I, a child myself, doing with kids of my own?!! And they come to me calling ME Mommy? Some days I think the years came on me in a blink and I wonder what I'm to do with all the responsibility.

I'll be praying for you about the rental car, the flights, the interview. We'll wave out our window as you pass over our yard. :) GO JULIE!!!

jc said...

Thank you Kristen! Yes, when did we grow up? I'll be waving back as I fly over. :)

Marlise said...

I often feel like that too. What - that's happening to ME? Do they REALLY see me as an adult? Maybe, in our hearts, we never really do grow up.

Desvaríos Dorisianos said...

oh come now...meeting a college president? pshaw...you have met a princess!... driving a rental car?...pshaw... you have driven cars down unknown highways, with misleading roadsigns, ending up at an archaeological site, as one of the main attractions ("Look!A farang!"). :) I'll be praying for you! Hope things work out for the best.

jc said...

Marlise: Yeah, we're just a bunch of kids pretending we're adults. :)

Doris: I'm laughing about your comment. Yes, I can do this. I have shaken hands with a princess! I have driven in very peculiar circumstances...(I forgot about the being 'tourist attraction of the day' bit).