Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fall












If you have ever lost track of something you love (a picture, a letter, a CD) and then find it again years later, there's a certain pleasure in rediscovering it. You can enjoy both the sense of history the item brings and the first pleasure you had in it. This is how I feel about fall this year. It has been almost seven years since I experienced fall and I'm relishing it. I love the colors (yellows, oranges, bright reds), smells (wood smoke), and sounds (children playing outdoors, people walking their dogs) of fall. I love the cold air and the pumpkins in the store. I love the sense of time moving as the trees darken every day. I even love the rain storms and the and battles I've fought with the wind over my umbrella.
I wanted to capture a little bit of fall in the pictures, but I didn't pull it off. What I could not pull off is the sheer ubiquitousness of the colors. Everywhere I drive there are different shades of orange and red. My favorite place to drive is the road right before my house. You can look down the red-leafed tree lined road and look up to see Mt.Shasta covered in snow.




5 comments:

Desvaríos Dorisianos said...

Ahh...nice!

American Swede Photography said...

You did pull it off, Julie! It's just not to its peak yet. I think CA's colors are better than our's thus far. . . . So glad you're enjoying fall!!!

jc said...

Doris, I wish I could ship you a little of the fall or maybe just the cool weather!

Kristen, thanks! Ahh...I was thinking I wish I had your photography skills when I was out taking pictures. BTW, we were thinking of you Sunday. We drove up to Lassen and had a picnic on a table surrounded by snow near a mountain lake. Also, Lake Manzanita is surrounded by beautiful fall colored trees. It's gorgeous with Lassen in the background. We thought you'd like to take pictures here now!

Deanna Beryl said...

I would love Fall, Julie. I would. Hope I get to experience it one day...BUCKET LIST, hihi!

Thanks for sharing!

jc said...

Yes, you should do a tour of fall. Come to the states or somewhere else northish in October/November with your camera.