Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Sound Books Make

Yesterday my friend from the satisfying buttons post ran into me at the library. I was browsing some books for sale and he started looking at the books with me. Then he told me, "Did you know that different books have different sounds?" He proceeded to tap the spine of each book and we listened intently to the sound each book made. He then commented that the tone of the books we were looking at was not particularly enjoyable. He had heard finer sounding books.

He also discussed how different book covers (matte vs. non-matte) had different levels of enjoyability based on their sound and texture.

H., I don't know if you read my blog, but if you do, thank you for adding your joyful creative perspective to my world. :)

4 comments:

Ginger said...

How utterly intriguing. Once I'm home I shall have to toddle off to our library...

Mai said...

You're friend definitely has some uniquely interesting insights - I enjoy reading about them!

jc said...

Ginger: I hope you tried it!
Mai: I wish you could meet my friend.

Karla Salazar said...

Oh, this absolutely made my day! "H" is definitely full of great insights.