Thursday, March 31, 2011

Instant Stress Relief

Here's a recipe for stress relief. It's very simple:have a massive storm blow through with such high gusts (80 mph in some places) of wind that the electricity is knocked out. Yes, that's what happened last night. My shoulders were tense coming home from work as I thought about all the papers I desperately wanted to grade before I left on my alumni weekend trip, but when I got home the electricity was out. Kapoot. I did some work on my laptop, but my grading plans were completely thwarted by my incapacity to grade by candlelight and my one dying flashlight. Instead I was forced to sit in a mostly dark house with tons of tea candles; then I had nothing better to do, so I went to bed early (gasp). While I can't say this storm was an overwhelming blessing for Central Florida, it sure made my evening! There's nothing like weather to put me in my place. Sometimes God uses storms to make us rest.

No comments: