Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Satisfying Afternoon

I spent the morning having a breakfast with a friend then playing ultimate frisbee with a ministry group called Witness for Fitness. It wasn't a bad way to spend a Sunday morning, but I had great plans to come home and spend the rest of the afternoon grading papers. Before I started to grade, I decided I would clean up some. It's 8:30 pm and I haven't even touched the essays I was supposed to grade. And yet, I've had one of the most soul refreshing days that I've had in weeks.

And this is what made the afternoon so satisfying: I cleaned, I prayed, and I read. The smell of laundry, a slightly more organized closet, authors who made me laugh and think, and the simple closeness of God that came from solitude shared with him refreshed me.

So in the end, I'm grateful for this unplanned afternoon.

1 comment:

Marlise said...

Where's the "like" icon? I liked your afternoon, too!