Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Out of Nowhere

The perfect place to nap is under my desk. If I'm tired at work, I'll turn off the lights in my office, pull up my floor heater and snooze a little on the floor under my desk. I don't mind confessing this, but I don't want to get caught. Yesterday I was napping when I realized that a student was at my door. After waiting awhile to make sure she was no longer at my door, I got up and went to the lobby to see if she had lingered there. She had. I approached her and said, "B, can I help you?" She looked up at me startled and said, "You came from nowhere." I smiled but didn't give an explanation.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I wish I could sleep under my desk. There is no way for me to lock my classroom. There are 4 ways in and 4 ways out and 3 of them don't lock.....so kids walk in and out at will! Its very frustrating, especially when I could use a nap under my desk :)

jc said...

Wow, I guess there is no hiding from students in your office. Too bad!

American Swede Photography said...

Funny!!! Good to have a place like that. . . . I need a place like that.

Mai said...

Hahaha, I love this! I wish I could sleep under my desk!

jc said...

Hmmm...we are going to have to find away to fix this. All teachers and parents should have a place to hide.