Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas +1

I loved Christmas eve. I spent the evening with my mom, grandma, and two aunts eating broccoli soup and watching the Nativity. It was a ladies night in (my dad had to stay at home to take care of his pastorly duties). Christmas day evening was relativeful. Seventeen of the roughly forty members of my grandmother's clan gathered at her house to eat "Thanksgiving" food and open presents. Now it is Christmas +1 and this day is almost as good as the last two. This morning my sister, my parents, and I slept in and then we ate breakfast until noon, after our long breakfast we took a walk near my sister's house. After our walk we ate lunch at 3 pm. Now it's time to eat supper. I just told my sister, "This is the best kind of day--we're just sitting around eating leftovers."

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I like the sound of that! Mai Rhea has been here and we had a wonderful Christmas....but not much sleeping in and eating breakfast until noon. :) Hope your New Years is as good as your Christmas!