Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Good Prayer

"Father, I thank You for the people in my life who seem to bring more pain than joy, for I believe You have let our paths cross for important reasons....Thank You too that You love these people, and that Your love is adequate to meet their deepest needs and to transform their lives, however willful or unwise they may seem to be. Thank You that You care for them deeply, and that each of them has the potential of being a vast reservoir from which You could receive eternal pleasure" (88). 31 Days of Praise

I was moved by this prayer. While I'm lucky to have very few difficult people in my life, I loved how the author viewed each frusterating person as possibly becoming a "vast reservoir" of God's eternal pleasure. I want to think of each person I see today in that way--even the people who aren't irritating!

4 comments:

Ginger said...

Thanks for posting that! I've got a few people's names to insert into that prayer. :)

Ginger said...

But just a few. Yay.

jc said...

Sometimes I wish I could let the people who I have to pray for because they drive me crazy know that they are being prayed for. :)

Sendy Monarrez said...

Thanks for this post!