Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lakes

I miss mountains, but I'm blessed by lakes. There are oodles and oodles of lakes in Florida. I live near a lake, I exercise near a lake, and I work next to a lake. I especially love the lake I work next to. The college I work at is actually on a peninsula between two small lakes. So I can see a lake on my left when I walk to class and then look at a different lake from my classroom. Sometimes if I can't think straight I'll go outside and look at lake W. Or sometimes (like today) when I have a bunch of grading to do, I'll go to the library and grade since (unlike my office) I can sit in the library and gaze at the lake.

Here are two pictures of my favorite lake from the library. The pictures I took are quite ordinary, but some days I can watch flocks of ducks, toy sailboats, or boaters on the lake.



2 comments:

Ginger said...

I seem to recall seeing a heron on that lake at one time, too. I have a picture somewhere...

jc said...

Yeah! You've visited this campus then. Anytime a heron comes, I feel happy.