Thursday, April 1, 2010

Conversation

I had a conversation tonight with a man who is just getting to know God. When I prayed over our supper he said, "I've never prayed over food before." Through most of the meal he shared with me the things he is learning about God, the prayer experiments he has made and the answers that have come because of those prayers. He kept laughing, "Coincidence or providence?"

At one point he shared with me the things he doesn't get about the Christian group of friends he has made here in Orlando. He said, "They only pray about people. They don't pray about animals." I thought that was the greatest and funniest spiritual concern I've heard. (He's a vet by trade so I could see why he might worry.) He's also disturbed that there is no salvation plan for animals. I told him what I shared with a friend recently: we really don't know about animals; God just might bring our pets to heaven.

I told my friend that God has His hand in his life. I pray for my friend and I pray for myself. I want to remember how God is working in my life too!

No comments: