Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Two for One

Recently, I was having a bad day. The little things were getting to me like the fact that I drove over a large curb in a parking lot and had a whole family stop their conversation to stare at me as I drove away (yes, people I'm fine; I meant to do that). Later in the day one of my friends called me. She told me she was having a bad day. I said, "Me too!" We commiserated some. I shared with her what was frustrating me about my day and vice versa, and by the time we hung up, both of us were laughing. I told her later, "This is what I love about friendship. You can combine two bad days to make one good day."

3 comments:

Desvaríos Dorisianos said...

Hey Julie! So sorry to hear about your "curb" moment... we all have our moments...two days ago I forgot about a friend's bday party (sort of justified as I was in the middle of a problem), but hey, forgetfulness is one of my Doris-moments...found this great poem on it; thought you might enjoy it too.:) http://www.poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/19754

jc said...

I love the poem! Thanks for sharing. :)

Mai said...

I like this idea - I'll have to use it the next time I have a bad day!