Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Sacred Calling in the Ordinary

I took a news writing class and I was assigned to work in a small group with Karen and Deeanne. Deeanne introduced me to Melissa, and Melissa introduced me to Grace; Grace introduced me to Shelly, and Shelly introduced me to Lavonne; Lavonne introduced me to Annelise, Leanne, and Ronni. All of these people are important friends to me, and yet they all came through the link of another friend. It is fun for me to consider how each person came into my life.

While I like thinking about how each person came into my life, it is as important to consider why they came into my life. I like to to think that people come into my life by divine commission. They were sent into my little world to teach me something, to give me joy, to challenge me to think, and because maybe, just maybe so I can give them back something as well. They were sent my way so that I can serve them in love.

My life is extraordinarily (if this is possible to combine these words) ordinary. I have many little tasks to accomplish and some days feel pretty similar, well, to other days. But in the midst of this extraordinary ordinariness I'm answering a sacred calling to love those nearest to me.

2 comments:

Karla Salazar said...

Ahhhh...the joys of being interwoven in the fabric of life.

jc said...

Yes! Interwoven by God's hand.