Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Thought On Time Management

Here's a great thought on time management that I got from another blog by Douglas Wilson, Blog & Mablog:

"The point is fruitfulness, not efficiency. You should want to be fruitful like a tree, not efficient like a machine.

But this fruitfulness is a function of God's blessing, and it is surrendered work that is blessed work. Seek that blessing, and seek it through concrete surrender. Such surrenders are not abstract. Put your Isaacs on the altar. Every interruption is a chance to surrender your work to the only one who can bless your work, particularly when the interruptions come from your kid wanting to play catch.

We can see the principle with the sabbath and the tithe. Less blessed is more than more unblessed. 90% blessed goes farther than 100% unblessed. 6 days blessed are far more fruitful than 7 days unblessed."

You can read the rest of the article at:

http://www.dougwils.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8681%3Aseven-thoughts-on-time-management&catid=62%3Agrace-and-peace



I was thinking about what Douglas Wilson said this morning. I was also thinking of one of my favorite texts.

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked.... But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by the streams of water, which yields its fruit in season" (Psalms 1: 1-3).

I want fruitfulness at work, and I want fruitfulness in my life as well. I pray to be a Psalms 1 kind of person. I long have my roots sunk deep in the word of God so that I may bear rich, mature fruit in season.

No comments: