Friday, July 19, 2013

Chattanooga Angel

I was standing outside Subway with my niece and nephew looking at a map of downtown Chattanooga when a kind older gentleman approached us on a bike and asked us where we wanted to go. I told him, "I'm looking for the free shuttle stop." He directed me to cross the street and go down one block. We found the stop, but I wasn't positive we were at the right place. What if he had just directed us to a bus stop? After waiting about 10 minutes we saw the free shuttle on the other side of the street. I watched it and told my niece and nephew it would most likely go up the street and circle back, but I felt anxious that I was wrong. As I was wondering if we should make a mad dash across the street to catch the shuttle the same man on the bike showed up again and said, "The shuttle will circle around soon and come here. It should be here in 5 minutes."

It was such a simple thing directions and reassurance, but I saw this as a tenderness from God. Sometimes  he shows up just in time to let me know--the shuttle will come--what I need will be taken care of even if I feel anxious.

The funny thing is that my niece and nephew told me that they had seen the man on bike earlier. They said that he was the man we chatted with about a weird metalic statue (this had happened about an hour earlier on the other side of the river at a different shuttle stop).

No comments: