Thursday, July 8, 2010

Happiness

I woke up to the smell of pancakes and the sound of my family eating breakfast. Ahh..happiness. I'm spending several days with my grandma, parents, siblings, siblings' spouses, nieces, and nephew. We aren't doing much. Our mornings are lazy and our afternoons are spent mostly at the beach. I like this slowness and time together. I like that I get to go lizard hunting with my four-year old nephew, and have a nice conversation with my niece (she's almost thirteen now). I like relaxing in the water with everyone. (Even my 86-year old grandma got in the water.) I like trying to keep up with my brother on his swim (he's training for several triathlons right now), and I like helping my sis-in-law take pictures of her family (I feel like paparazzi--especially taking the huggy/kissy pictures--eoooh..j/k). Life is simple for me this week; simple and good. I'm blessed.

No comments: