Monday, January 4, 2010

First Days Here #1

I remember moving to a new home and how when we put our cat down he would have to explore the whole house. I felt like that cat last night. I kept walking between my bedroom and the living room. I opened draws and cabinents. I looked under the sink and turned the lights off and on. "So this is my new place?" I mused to myself.

Last night was my first night in my new apartment. As I walked around unpacking my stuff, I prayed. I prayed that my little place will be a sanctuary of God's love both for myself and for anyone who comes to visit. I prayed for blessings on my new life here in Florida.

Around 9:50 I decided to call it a night. My stuff was still scattered around the house, but I needed sleep. I unrolled my sleeping bag in the living room and found some sheets. (I'm furnitureless for awhile.) I sat in the middle of the room and felt scared to turn off the lights. Funny, I can travel alone in Ho Chi Minh and Delhi but I'm suddenly shy of turning off the lights in Orlando?

2 comments:

Desvaríos Dorisianos said...

...hehe, well at least in Orlando there shouldn't be any bed-bugs :)
Hope you're settled in ok. Tried calling you today on Laura's phone, but your phone kept putting us through to voice mail... too bad. Big hug!

Julie said...

I've actually thought a bit about bed bugs. I now have a fear of them and feel almost a little nervous buying used furniture. What if the furniture has bedbugs?