Monday, January 29, 2007

Peculiar Things

Peculiar things happen to me all the time. Friday night I was having pleasant conversation with a friend when I momentarily got trapped in the chair I was sitting in. At first there was nothing unusual about this conversation. But then I leaned forward a little and discovered that my elbow couldn't follow me. (My elbow had gotten lodged between the wooden slats in the chair.) My friend kept talking. And while I calmly nodded I tried to tug my elbow free. But it wouldn't budge. She kept talking; I kept tugging. And we went on like this for awhile before I finally broke down and said, "My elbow is stuck in the chair!"

I tried to remain calm as we pondered ways to solve this "situation." Finally, she rubbed my elbow down with olive oil and we extracted it from the chair. My elbow still hurts from that extraction.

The moral of the story: Beware of chairs. They bite.

2 comments:

Desvaríos Dorisianos said...

Well, I think I ended up looking quite unempathetically-not-very-with-it..."she kept talking..." For the record,I was cooking something, with my back to you... :)

jc said...

ahh..Doris, I meant to imply that I was too embarassed to tell you that I was stuck in the chair. You were actually very very helpful. Who else could be so handy with olive oil.