Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Faithful

"[Joesph's] faithful attention to duty in every station, from the lowliest to the most exalted, had been training every power for its highest service....There are few who realize the influence of the little things of life upon the development of character. Nothing with which we have to do is really small. The varied circumstances that we meet day by day are designed to test our faithfulness and to qualify us for greater trusts. . . ." (Patriarchs and Prophets, 222, 223).

Joesph inspires me. Like him, I want to be faithful in little things. I have come to see that these "little things" cover a broad area of my life.

I want to challenge myself with the questions below:

Am I faithful in my vision?
Am I faithful in showing kindness?
Am I faithful in nurturing my relationships?
Am I faithful in setting, choosing, and living my greatest priorities?
Am I faithful in praise?

There is much to be faithful in! But praise God, I serve Him who can make me faithful. "Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us" (Ephesians 3:20). 

2 comments:

American Swede Photography said...

Today during an activity at church, we were to tell who our favorite Bible character is. I said Joseph. I love reading about his life. So inspiring!

jc said...

Yes, I have recently been reading and rereading about him in Patriarchs and Prophets.