Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ten Things I'm Thankful For

This week I'm thankful for . . .

1. The student who said with excitement, "I didn't know that before!"
2. Accidently running into the one of the few people I know in this town at an icecream shop only a little while after wishing I could talk with someone besides my parents. She sat down and chatted with my mom and I for a hour.
3. Being able to talk with my parents.
4. My parents' generosity (My mom got up early just to make me lunch!)
5. Cold weather.
6. That God gave me courage when I needed it.
7. That God gave me a good job (coming soon!)
8. Life's little detours (even my current detour)
9. For discovering that one my hardest students to deal with wrote for her goal this year, "To be good."
10. For being ready for Monday's class tonight (Thursday night) so I can relax and enjoy the weekend coming up with my extended family in St. Helena.

2 comments:

American Swede Photography said...

I know you never planned to be living with Mom and Dad at this stage in your life, but to have Mom pack a lunch for you sounds really, really nice!!! I could handle that on occasion. :)

I enjoyed your list of thankfuls! Very good to 'hear'.

Tell the fam all hello from us!

jc said...

It is very very nice. I'm a little sheepish about the whole thing, but I'm not complaining. :)

Yup, there are some real advantages to being home.