Monday, April 6, 2009

A Teacher's Life

I've been grading papers for two days. I figured out that I have graded around 108 pages worth of papers (3 different sets of papers). I've read some pretty interesting stories and some heart breaking stories as well. (I always struggle to know what to do with the the heart breaking stories.) Grading, more than almost anything I do as a teacher, takes the most of out of me. I can plan for class when I'm sleepy, but it is almost impossible for me to grade when I'm tired so I save days like Sundays and holidays to just grade and grade some more.

So this is how I'm spending my Chakri Day--grading!

The funny thing is is my department is hopping with activity. I keep asking myself--is this really a holiday? There are five other teachers here and a handful of students. At least I can't feel too sorry for myself. Misery loves company and so here we are (almost) the whole department working on a holiday.

2 comments:

Deanna Beryl said...

I seriously do not know how you guys tolerate with grading.

With much extreme respect *salutes.

jc said...

Thanks. :)